• ALL Antoine Proulx furniture is made in the USA.
• All of our exterior cabinetry is fabricated using veneers. Veneers are more ecologically sound than solid woods because veneers are 1/42” thick, therefore more stock is produced from one tree.
• All of our MDF substrates are formaldehyde free and meet California’s “Airborne Toxic Control Measure to Reduce Formaldehyde Emissions from Composite Wood Products.”
All of the solid hardwoods used in the interior cabinetry AND all of
our drawer bodies are made of FSC
All of our chair frames are made of FSC certified, solid Beech.
We use no veneers or hardwoods that are endangered species.
Over 70% of our veneers are native to North America (usually from
Canada), thereby lowering the carbon footprint to receive them at our
We use only water-based stains and finishes. No petroleum products are
used in our manufacturing facility.
Our polycarbonate finish used on the cabinetry is low V. O. C.
Our NeoLacquer finish meets the following environmental standards: EPA
(archtectural cabinets & furniture, 40cfr, parts 9, 59, & 63);
CA SCAQMD (wood coatings, rule 1136); US GBC, LEED (EQ credit 4.2).
The glue we use is Quality Certified by GREENGUARD for low indoor air
pollution. It is also water-based.
The baked-on epoxy finish on all our steel components is low V. O. C
and there is no water pollution caused while making it and applying it.
All of our steel components are recyclable and contain recycled steel.
All of our aluminum components are recyclable and contain recycled
• We eliminate waste by using the maximum amount of raw materials whenever possible.
We collect all of our sawdust and compact it into bricks. We then use
these bricks to heat our workshop and our workers’ homes.
We collect sawdust from our competitors as well, thereby reducing what
goes into landfill and providing more fuel for heat.
Because we use no petroleum products in our manufacturing processes, no
emissions are created in the air or water.
We reuse all shipping packaging that is returned to us.
All of Antoine Proulx’s tear sheets are printed by a carbon neutral,
sustainable printing company which uses vegetable oil based, ultra low
VOC inks on FSC certified paper with 30% post consumer waste recycled
• Nearly 40% of our headquarters is lit with solar tubes which require no energy to use and provide no heat loss or gain.
Proulx furniture is built to last. It is durable, hand made furniture
classic in design. As the New York Times once said, Antoine
furniture meant to be handed down to future generations.”